Get the Gist

Get the Gist
let's be health crazed assholes together

Welcome to 2015 everyone - you have made it. Whether or not you had a fabulous 2014 or a less-than memorable one, it is your chance to open a new book and fill it with fresh chapters and stories. I have never quite been one for New Year's resolutions, however I do have a consistent list of goals I would like to accomplish -- because having goals is essential, believe me. At the very beginning of 2014 I knew I wanted to try to get healthy, like everyone else, but as the year slowly progressed, I realized I needed to focus on being happy and have a healthy mindset above all else. 

2014 was a year for self reflection and it was the year I vowed to myself that I would take risks and be fearless, it was the year that I tried new things, and became more open minded. As a smaller accomplishment, one that could actually be tracked, I gave up soda for the entire year. Honestly, it wasn't that difficult because soda was never really that prominent in my diet, but it made me feel good to know that I could stick to a tangible goal like that. 

I have often toyed with giving up things I like every once in a while because it makes you appreciate those things more. For the month of February, I gave up pizza, and that was honest to god the hardest thing since pizza was a larger portion of my diet. I would have pizza around two times a week before I decided to quit cold turkey for the month. Once I realized that I could do these types of things and challenge myself, I decided to devise a plan for my entire year of 2015. 

Since I am a goal-oriented person, generally I have to have something to work towards. I love being able to reward myself for overcoming challenges and that is something that really motivates me. This idea of rewards and challenges is the basic layout for my plan for this year.

Upon other projects I hope to work on, and smaller goals, like reading more, my main objective for 2015 is to make healthier choices and lead an overall much healthier lifestyle. Deciding that was my goal was the easy part, but the hard part comes when I have to execute it and stick to it. My plan of attack is to approach this journey in monthly stages and I'm inviting you along for the ride. I knew I wanted to make this blog to make my journey public because even if only one person reads this and is inspired by it, that is enough for me. I've always been better at articulating my thoughts through writing than with speaking, so this blog is how I plan on holding myself accountable to sticking to a healthier lifestyle. 

On this blog, you can expect the unexpected. Since this genre is somewhat new to me, who knows what will come of it. I've been brainstorming ideas for about the past two weeks though, so there will be plenty of content to read. I plan on keeping updates about my monthly goals, and hopefully even progress updates or updates about how I've been doing throughout the month. I also hope to write about things like food including nutritious alternatives, how to eat on a budget, and recipes. For fitness I have planned content on switching up workout routines, workout wardrobe, and workout playlists. 

I have big plans for this year and for this blog and for this journey. I hope you will stick around and possibly get inspired to try something of the like for yourself. Whether or not you are a bystander or active participant, I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 2015.

x A 

0 comments:

Post a Comment