January Workout Playlist

January Workout Playlist 
a little something to keep the grind going


Well, it is the first month of the long trek, but I have faith that through good jams, we can make it out of the woods (I really would have included that song, but T-Swift decided to leave spotify). If you are familiar at all with any of the monthly playlists I created over on Fashionable Youth, you are probably aware that my music taste is a hot mess. I try to keep an overall theme, but honestly the only theme I found here is fast beats, and songs that make you want to move.

I personally find that fast paced rap/hip-hop, top-40 pop music, and 80's influenced indie-pop are the best genres for working out. Don't get me wrong I love my folk and singer/songwriter, but while you're grinding away at the gym, a ballad isn't always the biggest motivator.

I included a lot of favorites this month including Oceans by Jay-Z and Frank Ocean, some Kanye, and Rather Be (that is definitely my club jam, just saying). For the pop side of things, Ella Henderson takes us away with her power-jam Ghost, followed by some Rita Ora, Miley Cyrus, and even One Direction.

Don't let appearances like A$AP Rocky, Drake, and Rihanna veer you away from this playlist, because their hits are some of the best pump up songs I've heard. To round it out though, I included CHVRCHES, OneRepublic, WALK THE MOON, and some Imagine Dragons. There are some real gems hidden in this playlist, so get listening, and get moving.

All the best to you and your killer workout.


x A

0 comments:

Post a Comment