January's Goals

January's Goals 
let's get the party started

Happy 2015 everyone! I hope your 2014 ended with a bang; here I am attempting to jump-start my 2015 in the same fashion. This is such an intimidating venture, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I suppose now would be the time where I finally accept Kale into my life. As you know, if you read my previous introductory post, you would know that I am going about this health thing in stages. I firmly believe that while cold-turkey works for some, it doesn't work for others, and it certainly doesn't work for me. I have laid out a years worth of goals (subject to change) for myself, and since I plan on bringing you along for the ride, I plan on keeping you update on my monthly goals and my monthly "progress". 

My goals for the month of January should be relatively easy. I have decided that I will begin by cutting out red meat - something I don't usually eat very often anyway. Warding off red meat will be the first step in adopting a primarily plant based/meat free diet. I will however not limit myself in eating things like grilled chicken if I see fit. As far as dietary goals, I plan on making healthier choices regularly. 

Since diet isn't the only important component to a healthy lifestyle, I have decided that I will try to work out 2-3 times every week. Since my schedule this quarter is a bit heavy, I'm not sure when I will have time to get to the gym or to take a fitness class. I plan on stepping it up once I adjust, but I figure this is a good starting point to get into routine.

I'm excited to begin this month on the right foot and start the year strong.

x A 

0 comments:

Post a Comment