Month One Rewind

Month One Rewind
lets recap

It's officially a month into this journey, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep you updated about how my month went! I've actually surprised myself during this time, which is pleasant, since I thought I would be having an extremely rough time. I've been eating healthy and making healthy choices. I have actually been sticking to my goal for this month to cut out red meat, and actually I've only had chicken a couple times this month. I have gone to the gym on average about 3 times a week, which is on the higher end of my goal. I really do feel amazing when I go to the gym. It is difficult to find the strength to get out of bed and walk across campus to the gym but once I'm there, it's a piece of cake.  

A few challenges I've found that I face as of now are food and time. Since I am a student eating on a meal plan, it is really hard to find foods that provide diversity in my diet. I have a small selection of healthy options at my school that are truly filling. I've been mainly eating wraps, salads, eggs, and a lot of fruit. With such a limited selection, it has already been getting a bit bland. Hopefully it won't continue to be challenging. On top of that, I find that weekends are the most difficult for eating healthy when there are impromptu trips to McDonald's or late night pizza delivery. 

As for the time challenge, I have begun a new quarter which means five new classes. My Mondays and Wednesdays are pretty packed full, but I enjoy them. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days where I have a lot of time to grind, get work done, and chill out. I have tried to keep myself on a nice sleep schedule (since that is essential) and keep myself in line with my goals and objectives. 

About halfway through this month, I had a terrible run in with a flight of stairs. I fell down about 20 stairs (because I'm an uncoordinated human being) and was injured for a while, however I was able to go to the gym a couple of times regardless! I have found that I really enjoy the atmosphere at the recreation center on campus. Everyone seems to be fit and focused but it isn't too intimidating. 

Overall, I was able to accomplish my goals for this month, which means that I was able to reward myself. I think that honestly, rewarding myself is one of the most fool-proof plans for myself. I have been able to keep myself to my goals because then I can get the reward. It's simple human psychology, but it works. 

I am excited to begin February on a positive not and I wish it weren't winter, but I'll have to brave the weather just like every other Chicagoan. 

x A 

0 comments:

Post a Comment