January Food Favorites

January Food Favorites
shit i ate a lot this month


Food is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. In my first month of this journey, although there were times I didn't eat as healthy as I could have, I really surprised myself. I love sharing my favorite of anything and I love knowing other people's favorites because it can bring insight about new things to try! Here are my food favorites of January!

1. English Breakfast Tea
I am absolutely obsessed with English Breakfast Tea. I have been a longtime fan of black teas and have had English Breakfast sporadically, however this month I got super hooked on it. There is so much to love about English Breakfast tea, which I guess is why the English prefer it over coffee! I used to be, and admittedly still am, a coffee lover. From espressos, to lattes and pure black coffee, I can drink it all. I decided to switch out my coffee for tea this month though, because I wanted to test it out. I found that not only was tea just as effective at keeping me awake through the caffeine content, it didn't give me the jitters that two or three cups of coffee gives me. Tea is also much cheaper at chain companies like Starbucks. A venti tea costs around $2-$3, while a venti coffee can set you back almost $5. Tea is also zero calorie, and it is simple to make. I don't add milk or sugar, however if you feel so inclined, I suppose you could. English Breakfast tea is amazing and I am obsessed.

2. Oatmeal
I F**KING LOVE OATMEAL. Call me a grandma or whatever, but I literally just love oatmeal. Having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast is so easy, filling, and perfect for the winter. Oatmeal, while it may not be low in carbs, it has a good amount of fiber. Eating fiber in the morning helps to fill you up and prevent snacking later in the day. My favorite kind of oatmeal is anything with nuts or fruit to add other flavor as I don't add sugar. You can also make it with water, milk, or milk alternatives. 

3. Seattle Company Vegan Chocolate 
I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth probably, so the ability to eat chocolate is essential. Even though this month, I'm not limiting myself to gluten-free or vegan type foods, I still wanted to make healthier choices. This chocolate is just as good- if not better than regular milk chocolate and it is much healthier. I love dark chocolate anyway, so I guess it was meant to be. 

4. Almond Butter
I discovered almond butter about a month and a half ago. The first time I tasted it, I knew I was going to be addicted.  Almond butter is much like peanut butter but it doesn't leave you feeling as heavy as normal peanut butter. Almond butter is also higher in magnesium, iron, and vitamin E. Although it isn't drastically better than peanut butter, it is a nice alternative with a different taste and texture.

5. Lightly Salted Almonds
I've always been a huge fan of almonds, in any form. I was at Target earlier this month and wanted some almonds, I picked up the Blue Diamond Lightly Salted, Low Sodium can and let me tell you, I am addicted. For some reason, these almonds are so flavorful, juicy (can an almond be juicy?), and all over wonderful. Roasted almonds or fully salted almonds can sometimes be too much and too unhealthy, while plain almonds are great for you but are very bland. These almonds are the perfect mix of flavored while still being healthy.

I only have five food favorites for you all this month, but my diet hasn't been too diverse lately. Whole Foods is opening on February 25th a few blocks from me so I will be shopping there incessantly. I am itching for the store to open so I can buy all the yummy and healthy foods they have to offer.

x A


0 comments:

Post a Comment